Happy New Year, y'all! A new year means new beginnings and a fresh slate. In the spirit of the new year, we've talked to our experts and have come up some 2019 New Year's resolutions for your home that will make it more efficient, clean and more beautiful than ever before.
Make it a priority to make things different around your home this year. Save money on bills. Keep things organized. Stop putting off those small projects. Move into that bigger home you've been dreaming of. This year is the year to make moves! Are you ready? Here are the New Year's Resolutions for your home.
RESOLUTION #1: Declutter
One of the easiest and least expensive ways to feel better about your home is to clear out clutter. This year resolve to go room-by-room, clearing anything that you don't use, wear or love and donate it to charity. No excuses this time – the clutter has to go! You'll feel much better and accomplished once you've gotten rid of a ton of stuff you don't need anymore.
RESOLUTION #2: Shrink Your Bills & Your Carbon Footprint
- Switch off the lights when you leave a room. Something as simple as this can really help cut back on bills.
- Turn off your air conditioner when you leave the house. If no one is home, turn off the air or heat when you're not home to save big on bills!
- Try drying some of your clothes on the line and wait for the dishwasher or washing machine to be full before you run them.
- Turn off your power strips. Out of site, out of mind – right? Wong. These tiny power strips could be adding up on your electric bill.
- Water your yard less. Put in drought-tolerant landscaping if necessary.
- Give composting a try. Your garden will thank you!
RESOLUTION #3: Track the Small Projects
The new year is the perfect time to make a list of the home improvement projects you need to make this year. That's right, time to stop putting off all those small projects you need to do around the house. 2019 is the year to stop procrastinating, remember?!
- Clean the gutters
- Repair hole in the drywall
- FInally hang that artwork
- Install a new light fixtures
- Throw on a fresh coat of paint where it's needed
- Replant flowers in front of your home
RESOLUTION #4: Finally Commit to Selling Your Home
You've been thinking about selling your home for quite some time now. You need more space. You want to live closer to the city. You want a bigger outdoor living space. Whatever you reason is for wanting to move – there's no better time than the present! Thanks to all of the resolutions listed above, your home is almost ready to hit the market. All you need to do now is get in touch with an agent, and have them get your home on the market. 2019 is the year to make the move!